September 22, 2011

"Patience, Iago, patience."

Waiting on God is easier said than done. I am a 'doer'. I like to get stuff done, so I can play. Our family is in the middle of a huge transition and I am in a situation where all I can really do is wait. The more I try to do, the more God seems to say, 'Wait'. It can be confusing and frustrating. But I believe, like all situations, there is a lesson for me to learn. 
I am grateful to God for prayer, friends to listen, give advice and help, and most of all for God's word.


Ps. 5:3 says, “In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.” 


Ps. 27:14 tells me to, “Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.” 


Ps. 130:5 encourages me with these words: “I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.”



2 Chronicles 20:12

English Standard Version (ESV)
12O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you."



No comments:

Post a Comment